Local, handmade and ethically sourced
blue sheen and white moonstone rings set with diamonds in 18k yellow gold
Follow us on Instagram
NEWS: Jewelry Trends for Winter 2022/2023
1. SHOULDER DUSTERS
long earrings that come down to your shoulder, preferably pearl or multi-colored gemstones
2. ANYTHING PEARL
especially pearl with chain
3. CUFFS & BANGLES
they are back and the clear ones are especially hot
4. BIG COLLAR NECKLACES
chunky designs and especially chain and layered chain
necklaces with charms or wrap around bracelets
HOT COLORS: Peacock and Periwinkle as seen in moonstone, opal, sapphires, tanzanite, chalcedony, amethyst, aquamarine, topax, zircon
NEWS: Jewelry Trends for Summer 2022
1. CHOKER CHAINS
Primarily in gold or silver, but really anything goes, any material that suits your fancy, in shell, colored beads, or pearls
2. EARRING POPS
Full color for earrings, the brighter and the bolder the better
3. RIVIERE NECKLACES (AKA THE DIAMOND TENNIS NECKLACE)
Of course, if you can afford it, diamonds are a must, but if you can't then there are plenty of other options and even some nice colored stone necklaces.
4. CHARM BRACELET
Charms are still in this year and what is super exciting are the large medallions in lapis lazuli, malachite, shell or gold or silver.
5. BELLY CHAINS
Accenting the midriff is super sexy especially with a crop shirt or bikini. The cutest ones are chains with a small charm or maybe a textured chain.
6. SIGNET RING
With or without gemstones this ring has really maintained its popularity in recent years. When gypsy set stones or pave stones are added it gives the ring a more modern feel and can add color too.
NEWS: Tucson Gem Show 2022
Show Favorites included: Ocean blue indicolite (blue tourmaline), Periwinkle tanzanite, sapphires of all color, mint green or sea foam green tourmalines and blue sheen moonstones.
Prices were up by about 20%-30% and sales were booming at the show.
NEWS: Jewelry Trends for 2020/2021
1. CHAIN GANG
This winter expect to see a lot of layered gold chains on the neck and around the wrist, primarily yellow gold.
2. GET YOUR RING ON
And on hands expect to see rings on each finger and primarily in yellow gold.
3. PEARL GIRL
In addition to chains, we will see pearls, but mostly white and either south sea or baroque and combined with yellow gold.
4. CHARMED LIFE
Charms in all forms but particularly those with meaning like astrological signs, initials, lockets or crosses.
5. DIAMONDS R FOREVER
Diamond starburst or floral earrings will for sure be a must.
NEWS: Buying an Estate Diamond, winter 2019
Buying an estate diamond can be a tricky thing but here are some tips:
- make sure the diamond is out of mounting
- take diamond to a registered appraiser don’t try and eye-ball it yourself because you won’t have the equipment and expertise
- check pricing with bluenile.com, I find that they have pretty good pricing for the average diamond buyer, but expect to pay at least 30% less than bluenile because you have a “used” diamond
- always negotiate the price with the buyer and use cash when you can
- there are diamonds, simulants, enhancements and lab grown diamonds, none of the pricing is the same
- if it is at auction be careful because stones in jewelry can be difficult to see, especially if there is damage, if there is a GIA or other report please look at it carefully and make sure it is a reputable report